16 January 2011

I'm Doing Me

I've had a very self-uplifting week and it has put me in a very good mood.

It started on Wednesday when I got my invisalign.  I haven't stopped smiling since.  This is a big deal!  Since my teeth started moving around I stopped smiling a lot in pictures or when I meet people. (Okay, I'm still bubbly as all get out, but I feel like I can be even more so when I'm feeling spunky and self-confident).  If you're looking to adjust your smile, I highly recommend invisalign.  The trays are super-duper comfortable, easy to take in and out, and easy to clean.  Maybe it's all in my head, but I swear that I can already tell that they've moved some and I'm so stoked!

Friday I transferred to the gym across the street from work.  I love this gym!  It has everything you could ever think of and a lot of the small things my old gym didn't have.  They provide towels and locks, there's a rock wall, two slides into the pool, a hair and nail salon, and they have spin classes with bikes my cycling shoes will fit with (my favorite).  Not sure I'd ever use the rock wall, but it's there if I ever get whimsical.  Already I have been twice and I'm excited to get back into things (5-6 hours a week) since I took the holidays off.  Today I did an hour and fifteen minutes of cardio.  If my ipod battery hadn't given out on me, I would have stayed to try out the weight machines, but I find that if I don't have an ipod I feel awkward, like I should try to talk to the other people at the gym and people are rarely sociable at the gym.

Saturday I finally found someone I like to do my hair.  My friend P recommended her hairstylist and I went in to get a new do.  I went with a side bang and she put more structure in my hair, which I needed because my hair is very long.  I'd give you a picture of the new style, but my hair is currently up with a headband, sorry.  Today I also updated some of the music on my itunes and created a new gym playlist.  Steven gave me his itouch a few months ago and I haven't done anything with it, until today.  I updated the background, got myself an armband so that I could wear it in the weightroom, and some hot pink headphones.  Love. 

I'm very pleased with my new playlist.  Just think of every grunge, rock and roll, and rap song that screams empowerment and you've got my playlist...then add some musical numbers because I love them.  I am that person at your gym that mouths the words with the song and if there weren't people around I would sing at the gym.  I also joined some podcasts that Mr. S and I listen to together on roadtrips and I'm going to put some of the books on cd I have on my ipod so that I can listen to those.

Anyroad, it has been a very good week without be extraordinary.  I felt very optimistic and extremely productive and at peace with life.

Mission accomplished,

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010