11 September 2011

Summer DIY

Well, it felt good to get all that Austen-ranting off of my chest, but it you don't care two winks about my dearest Jane, then we've also been up to some Summer DIY.

I know that I've shown you my Laundry Closet before and some of the organization I've gotten up to, but we made a new and fabulous addition that I think you'll like.

Because our "twins" are front loaders having them on the ground was no bueno!  Mr. S is 6'5" so if it was hurting my back, you know it was hurting his to have to bend down to switch laundry.  For some reason our house is set up with the washing attachments on the right and the doors to our appliances were opening into the middle.  Since this closet sits on a hallway it took up a lot of space and to switch the laundry because we'd have to go around the doors. 

Pedestals for front-loaders are almost the price of new appliances: atleast, $200 for each one.  I'm sorry, but we are not made of money.  So...off to the internet I went!

A lot of the laundry raisers with tutorials online are not very attractive, to be quite honest.  I know it's just going to be put in a closet, but I still want it to look somewhat professional.  It wasn't looking good until I found this tutorial from the author of Show and Tell.

My handsome honey got to work and it took him 2 weekends and about $150 for all the supplies.  I helped by painting it.  We also flipped the sides they were on.




The lettering and clothespins are brought to you by my fancy splurge for this project: a Silhouette Vinyl/Paper cutter.  I'm so in love with this machine and I've gone a little label-crazy in other parts of the house.  The baskets are from Crate and Barrel (online only).

Most of the credit does go to Mr. S because he did all the heavy lifting with the help of his dad.


I also chopped off my hair today.  It was down to below my chest and it was just getting in the way of everyone in the house.  S would even get stuck in it while getting out of bed in the morning and that is not a peaceful way for me to wake up.


2 Remarks:

Caitlin said...

I know this is totally unrelated to the laundry re-do, but you look FABULOUS! Your skin looks amazing and I'm loving your hair!

Unknown said...

Amazing! I am jealous of you laundry room!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010