26 September 2011

Clarisonic: A girls "real" best friend.

A sweet friend told me the other day that my skin was looking fantastic.  Who doesn't like to receive a compliment like that out of the blue?  Since this sweetie is in the market for some new skincare ideas, I have a little secret to share.

This summer my skin decided to switch sides and start batting for the other team, if that sports analogy makes any sense.  I've been breaking out on my forehead, my neck, my chin: it has been a regular solar system on my face lately.  Since I'm obnoxiously pale, this will not fly. 

I blame it on the weather first and foremost, as well as trying out some new products.  I thought that I'd try the yes-to-carrots line since I had heard some good things about them and they're au natural.  I really wanted so much to like them!  I tried so hard because they make such adorable products with amazing phrases and clever directions on the bottles.  It was not meant to be because my skin freaked out on me.

It has literally taken months to get my nice skin back and I'm still working on it.  I got my first facial (love) and got some good tips from the esthetician and I've added toning and moisturizing to my cleansing.  I never knew I actually had dry skin...whoops.  During my facial they used a fantastic machine by Clarisonic (from the makers of the sonicare toothbrush).  The Clarisonic machines get regular cleansers deeper into your pores (6X better make-up removal) and it feels lovely!

Luckily, there are a few versions that you can get at Sephora and you can use any cleanser with the Clarisonic.

Obviously, I rushed directly to Sephora and got the Mia in a bright sunshiny yellow, because washing your face should be fun when you have to do it so much.

It was $149, but they just reduced the price to $119.  That might seem like a lot of mulah, but it is so worth it!  My face is softer, has a more even tone, and it has cleared up a ton of the smaller bumps, as well as a lot of blackheads (arch nemesis).  I'm not even using it every day and I've noticed a huge difference and I'm only using Cetaphil.  It's waterproof so I can use it in the shower, which is my favorite place to wash my face.

The absolute best part is that I didn't have any menstrual breakouts on my face this cycle, which is normally the worst time for my face.  My body did compensate with some zits on my ear and right under my hairline, but there were no landing pads on my face, so I'll take it.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any new breakouts on my face since I've been using it almost daily. 

That's such a big deal, ya'll!

2 Remarks:

Caitlin said...

Thanks for the tip love! I'll be looking into this for sure!

Clarisonic said...

Hi Ms. D! We're so glad that you are getting such fabulous results from the Clarisonic. We love hearing success stories! Keep us posted on your long-term results. Cheers!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010