20 April 2010

I Do Fondue


For Steven's mother's birthday we went to this great restaurant in Reston called The Melting Pot. They specialize in extremely expensive and delectable fondue.

I highly recommend giving it a try! The meal is 4 courses:

The first is a cheese fondue appetizer that you get bread and veggies to dip in. We picked 2 different cheeses and went to town. I mean it's gooey cheese, there is nothing bad to say about that!

Second, was a very refreshing salad! I got the Caesar salad that had sweet pine nuts sprinkled on top. Tres yummy.

Third, comes the broth fondue. Since this was my first time trying fondue I had never heard of this or seen it done, but you use the broths to actually cook the food. I got the vegetarian platter with tofu, asparagus, a few pastas and other assorted veggies. The rest of the family actually got to cook meats in the brew. It was so interesting! Lots of giggles around the table since we couldn't get things to stay on the long forks and had to go fishing for lost bits of food.

Last, and they really do save the best for last, was the chocolate fondue! Oh, heaven! We got the ying-yang (dark and white chocolate mixed together) and the peanut butter milk chocolate...it has actual peanut butter melted in. With that, you get to dip cheesecake, pound cake, strawberries, brownies, and all sorts of amazing-ness in the rich chocolate cauldrons.

All in all, I wish that I could go there for desert every day. A few folks around the office do homemade fondue and actually make homemade marshmallows for the event. I think this might be in my entertaining future...


0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010