23 April 2008

Martha, oh Martha


Since my birthday is coming up and I don't think that I'm going to get a party...most likely I'll just get dinner from my parents... I think I will have to plan a party when I move into my new apartment and get settled in.

I have mixed feelings about Martha Stewart. To be sure, she is chronically fierce, she did do jail time! However, I've never really been that into her as a person. On her TV Christmas specials she always bosses her family around and ends up doing all their craft projects for them. Bossy people and I don't really get along. I belong to a more fluid school of thought.

Even though I have issues with Martha and her personality, I still think whoever comes up with the ideas that get credited to her name is a genius! On her website I found a polka-dotted party theme. If I mix it with some of the things featured in the rain-themed party article in April's issue of RealSimple I think my housewarming/birthday party could be completely adorable! I love the umbrellas hanging from the ceiling...but that might be too much in my apartment.

Low ceilings + decorative umbrellas+ a 6'5" boyfriend= disaster.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010