23 April 2008

Grazing Grasses

We have these plants where I work: Pier 1. And I'm absolutely bonkers about them. I got one of them with some Pier 1 bucks I earned, and now I want 2 more of them. I have 3 wall boxes that I want to fill with these plants when I move into my new apartment. The only draw back of these cute babies is that they are $8 a pop...but to me, they are worth it. Hopefully, I can be a good employee and earn more Pier 1 bucks that I can spend on these. They're the centerpiece of my new dining room after all.

DIY update: I got the fabric for my wall decor project! Still no luck finding the frames. Since I don't have access to my staple gun it's not really a pressing project. I decided to go with black and white. I love black and white! Most of my house is decorated with it except for the things that I've inherited from people. I got 12 inches of 45 in. bolts of polka-dots (of course), different sized stripes, and a baroque styled floral pattern. They go really well together. I got the whole lot for 6 bucks because the fabric was 40% off. I love a good sale on quilting fabrics! Since I got more fabric length then I needed I'm thinking about doing 1X2 or 3 ft rectangles placed horizontally so that the wall decor will elongate the look of my hallway. Apartment ceilings are always so low! Well... my current apartment is on the basement level, my new one is going to be on the third floor!

I'm really excited about upper-level living! I finally get to open my windows without having to freak out about my apartment getting broken into and my stuff getting stolen, and I'm going to have way more sunlight, not to mention the exercise of climbing the stairs!

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010