25 June 2011

Crafty Saturday

I've been wanting to make a camera strap for my DSLR practically before I even upgraded cameras.

There are tons of really cute straps on Etsy and many of them go for $20+.  I was able to accomplish mine from a tutorial at lbg studio.  It was super easy and included a pocket for the lens cap.  Isn't never knowing where to put the cap the absolute worst? (Especially when you're oh...I dunno...at the zoo or some such place.)

The best part was that it only cost me $8 for enough materials to actually make two.  If anyone is interested in a twin, let me know.

Say "Hello" to Mr. S sitting on my desk. <3

I did the stitching in teal for a little color pop.  I'm on a yellow/gray kick at the moment.  The only thing I think it needs is something on the pocket.  Buttons, maybe?
There are so many cute fabrics that you could choose to make your own!  Oh-my-gosh, fabric stores are so much fun to wonder around in.  Lots of trouble hidden in there.

This little button will take you to lbg studio so that you can check out some other fun/inspiration tutorials.  I really love her set-up and her instructions are very non-technical--so go check it out!



LBG studio



PS-I also entered into the world of homemade dog biscuits today...more to come on that and I hope to get the Bramston seal of approval.

2 Remarks:

Caitlin said...

Ooooooh! Great job! I love it!

Ms.Domestique said...

Thanks! It was super easy.

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010