27 March 2011

In The Kitch

I know that I've dropped off the planet recently and I wish I could come back and tell you about all the amazing things I've been up to...however, since we hired a cleaning lady, I'll admit I've been doing a lot of sitting on my bum and it has been wonderful!

We've been able to get a few projects done, but I've mostly been spending my time with the puppy.  Yesterday, we took him to the battlefields for a long walk and then he got to play with his cousin Archie while we did our taxes (let me just rant about how much it sucks to owe money for the first time ever).  He was such a tired puppy when we got home.  I've been trying to get him better on the leash cause he's a puller and it has been slow goings so far.  He has an appointment to get his man-parts snipped April 4th, so I'm hoping that will calm him down a lot and ease his need to spray everything.

One project we were able to complete was the backsplash in the kitchen.  And lucky for you, I remembered to take pictures.  We still need to paint, but it's coming together.

It took me forever to find real metal for this project.  Everything I could find locally was plastic and even more expensive then the real metal I ended up special ordering and which FedEx somehow lost after Christmas.  That was fun, let me tell you.

As you can see, this was a sharp project, and Mr. S bled to get it done. :(



We also replaced a light fixture.  You can see the backsplash in the background
I got new canisters that actually hold enough to use.  World Market find if you're interested.  The hippo clip is part of the animal house series target and Pier 1 used to have <3

It turned out beautifully!  Once we paint we'll only have a few things to do to finish off the kitchen.  Today I ordered this shiny:


Does that vintage seafoam green not just make you want to squeal?????  Or is that just me?  I was super stoked to get a deal on this beauty.  It's normally $299, but I'm going to get it for 209.99 when it's all said and done with no shipping, no sales tax, and a subscription to either Martha Stewart or Everyday Meals.  So excited!

We've been trying very hard to make more meals at home.  I took lunch to work 4 out of 5 days last week and this week I'm going to try to take breakfasts as well.  I'm tempted to get a new coffee maker as well and take coffee in to work with me too because I really don't like the new coffee they switched to at work so I've been stopping for soy lattes on my way to work and that adds up the monies.  The biggest problem I had this week was remembering to take my lunchbox home with me.  :/

I'm so not a foodie, help me!


0 Remarks:

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010