11 May 2009

I got inspired

You may remember a DIY project I did last summer when I covered some canvases. I have been planning to re-cover them for the guest bedroom that we still don't know if we have yet, bye the by.

I love the dandelion silhouettes that I've seen on a lot of stationary lately, so I decided that was going to be my theme of the series I wanted to do.

Instead of writing a paper, I went to JoAnn Fabrics with coupons in hand and picked up some paint and brown quilting fabric, as well as some fabulous and rich-looking brown fabric to re-cover my headboard with.

Here are the results:

(The originals)
(After painting)
(Back on the walls. I moved them closer together after I took this picture. There will be so much patching to do when I move.)


Not too shabby, eh? I cannot wait to put this whole room together! The only thing left to do is to find or make a cover for a body pillow.

8 Remarks:

littlecalder said...

i love it!!

Ms.Domestique said...

Thanks! Me too!

Caitlin said...

I want you to come help me decorate the apartment!!!

olga said...

awesome! <3

Tigergoose said...

looks great! i've been crafting also.. it's like as soon as school was over, i bought paper and scrapbook materials!

Ms.Domestique said...

Me too! I just want to craft and sew! I think my next project will be a bubble skirt make from an old a-line. I saw the idea in real simple yesterday and I want to do it... I need elastic. hehe.

The PettiCoat Pirate said...

WOW! Those look great!!!

Sarah Eve said...

I love these! I thought the first were good, but these are so much more chic!

Post a Comment

I'm diggin' the lovin' keep it comin'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
 
Copyright © Ms. Domestique 2010